Citizen Action Tools
How to get OUT of NAIS
- Did you register your property with NAIS before you knew what
it really was and you've changed your mind?
- Have you been registered without your permission?
- To remove information on you and your property from the NAIS
database, click here and follow the
New Flyer for distribution
- The House Committee on Agriculture has included a section in
the Farm Bill that pose a threat to our rights, and our food
supply. The proposed language would link the National
Animal ID System (NAIS) to Country of Origin Labeling (COOL). This is
BAD for both farmers and consumers!
- Flyer includes talking points, sample letter or email, and
contact information for members of the House Committee on
- Spread the word - to print out the Flyer just download the pdf*
Proposed Model Legislation
- This Model Legislation contains ideas that may be helpful in
developing legislation for your state. The Draft, in progress since
July 1, may expand as additional ideas are considered.
Public Service Announcement
- Click this link to listen to this 30-second PSA. Right-click to save
the link, or to copy the link to an email. You may wish to send this
clip to every radio station in your area. Liberty Ark Coalition is a
project of a not-for-profit 501(c)(4) organization, and should qualify
for public service announcements.
This tri-fold brochure contains the important details of the NAIS story, including the "Top 10 myths."
- This brochure is available for downloading. You can use this file to print as many copies you can distribute, or attach the file to send to your mail lists. This brochure should go in every feed store, pet shop, sale barn, coffee shop, hardware store, implement dealer, and everywhere else animal owners go. Help spread the word!
Logo for your website
- Right-click on image, and "save-as" to your computer. Link it
- STOP the National Animal Identification System (NAIS)
- This petition is sponsored by an alliance of people who have
banded together against mandatory animal identification
schemes. Download, print, and distribute the pdf* version of this petition.
New NAIS Flyer
- Spread the word about NAIS. There are still many people who
have not heard of the National Animal Identification
- Distribute flyers at your local meetings and clubs. You can
also post these flyers on community bullentin boards of Co-ops, feed stores, etc.
- To print out the NAIS Flyer just download the pdf
Talking Points - revised
- Judith McGeary has expanded and updated her excellent indepth
analysis of the Top 10 Myths About
NAIS, which unravels the real truth behind the National Animal
- You can count on accurate and knowledgable information that you
can bring to your discussions on NAIS.
Contact Information for your Elected Officials
- Tips before using this powerful tool
- When you enter your zip code, contact information for your
Senators and Representative will be displayed, along with a link to
your state and local officials (above the photos). Under the photo of
each official, you may choose "email" or the "info"
link. The "email" link is an automatic email form into which
you may enter your message, either directly, or "cut and
paste." There are also other options.
- The "info" link provides the official's direct
email address, as well as information about his/her district
office. These options are likely to be more effective than the form
option described above.
- Do NOT snail-mail a printed letter to Washington. Screening
delays delivery for weeks. If you choose to send a printed letter,
please send it to the district office. The district office does
register and report every contact, and should not be overlooked.
- Letters and phone calls
- Letters and phone calls will be most effective if you follow a
few basic principles. Your contact should be brief and to the
point. Your opening sentence should identify the issue, with a bill
number if appropriate, and state your position in support, or
- Follow the opening sentence with two or three strong reasons
that support your position. Ask your representative to support (or
oppose) the issue. End your contact with your name and address. If
your letter is longer than one page, it's too long and will not
likely be read.
- Here are some sample letters on NAIS. Please feel free to use
them when writing to your legislators. Cut and paste the letters on
your own letterhead, or mix and match the parts you think best expresses
Find Your Representative or Senator
- Project Vote Smart - www.vote-smart.org/index.htm
- Is a national library of factual information, that covers your
candidates and elected officials in five basic categories:
biographical information, issue positions, voting records, campaign
finances and interest group ratings.
Find a Law or Regulation
*To view a pdf, you'll need the latest
version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you don't have
Adobe Reader installed or you aren't sure, click on the icon to
download a free copy.